Website SocialTech Lab
Harnessing the power of technological innovation to create ecosystems that foster collaborative entrepreneurship and resilience.
Job Title: Innovation Programmes Specialist
Who we are
SocialTech Lab is an award-winning social venture connecting entrepreneurs and innovators via digital tools, live events, and its own innovation center. SocialTech Lab works at the intersection of technology, entrepreneurship, and peacebuilding to bridge divides, empower local change-makers, and cultivate resilient ecosystems. We have been a part of the Yunus & Youth Fellowship Social Business Incubator supported by Nobel Peace Prize Winner Muhammad Yunus, The Obama Foundation Leaders Europe cohort, a social venture of the UN Young Leaders for SDGs cohort, and more!
We are dedicated to building, launching, and scaling the next wave of peacetech innovations to shape a more prosperous future in fragile contexts across the globe. By harnessing the power of technology and innovation, we create ecosystems that foster entrepreneurship and resilience. Through our platforms, we provide transformative digital tools and physical resources that enable local entrepreneurs to thrive, driving economic growth and social progress in even the most challenging environments.
About the job
As an Innovation Programmes Specialist, you’ll be playing a critical role in helping coordinate and implement entrepreneurship and innovation programmes of the organisation such as hackathons, events, accelerators, venture builders, incubators, study visits, academies, and other types of events or workshops that support local entrepreneurs. This role will also contribute to operations of our Social Impact Generator (The Base by CyprusInno) in Nicosia while helping with unique startup programming, exciting events, and fostering a vibrant community of entrepreneurs across the island. This is a full-time, hybrid position offered with a one-year renewable employment contract and clear growth plan.
What you will do (daily responsibilities)
- Facilitate the organisation of innovation programmes, workshops, events, etc.
- Work closely with expert facilitators and company directors to implement innovation projects and programmes, and successfully complete project milestones/deliverables
- Support programme participants, partners, etc. with any inquiries related to programmes/projects and on required deliverables
- Coordinate communication and dissemination of activities (social media, email, PR, etc.)
- Assist with preparing proposals, applications, tenders, etc.
- Support operations of innovation space, including prep for events and on-site support
- Prepare and deliver project presentations and other reporting requirements (evaluation, feedback, project/programme monitoring, etc.)
What you will need to have (requirements and qualifications)
- 1-3 years of project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, marketing, or any other related field
- Programme design, facilitation & execution experience – proven track record of successful project implementation
- Fluency in English (verbal and written). Knowledge of Greek and / or Turkish language will be considered an advantage.
- Outgoing, positive, friendly, and engaging personality and a great sense of humor 🙂
- Great interpersonal and relationship-building skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Willingness to take initiative and to learn/grow
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage tasks simultaneously
- Interested in and passionate about social entrepreneurship and innovation, impact, technology, and startups
- Willingness to travel for programmes if needed
What would be great to have (but we don’t care if you don’t have it)
- Masters degree in business, economics, marketing, sustainability, or any other related field
- Professional certification(s) in project management or training
- Experience in startup, entrepreneurial and/or social impact programming and programme design
- Knowledge of Google Suite, WordPress, Canva, MailChimp, Trello
What we can offer (benefits)
- Competitive remuneration and clear career advancement opportunities and growth plan based on mutually agreed upon goals
- Social contributions
- Additional financial incentives
- Support and resources to work on your own ideas
- Catering corner full of free soft drinks, coffee, team, snacks, and other beverages when you want to take a break
- Great career learning opportunity with the ability to have real impact in the community
- Working with great people who are kind, committed, and will inspire you to grow
How to apply (application)
To be considered for this role, all interested applicants should submit their CV and a one-page cover letter outlining how their background matches the role and what they envision for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Full Name] – Application for Programmes Specialist” by Sunday, March 10 (23:59 EET).
The first phase of the interview process will be a virtual discussion. Successful shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet with us for a second interview and case study 🙂
SocialTech Lab (“CyprusInno” and “The Base by CyprusInno”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Our Equality+ plan can be found on our website.
*A work permit is required for Non-EU applicants.